What causes foot cramps in teens? Well, foot cramps occur due to various reasons. According to the 2012 research, more than 60% of adults have experienced foot cramps. Normally it occurs when your muscle squeezes. Also, many teens have reported that due to tense muscles the foot cramps occur.
Foot cramps are very normal and usually harmless. Many teenagers also believe in home remedies to reduce the foot cramps.
Foot cramps in teens occur in the arches of feet, on top of the feet, or around the toes.
What causes foot cramps in teens?
The age between 15 and 19 is supposed to be glory days. Teenage people break rules carelessly. During this period of time, people are very energetic and experiences health problems rarely. Also, during this period of time peoples, the immunity level is very strong. But foot cramps are very normal and it can occur at any age of your life. There are a variety of causes for foot cramps. So here are the causes of foot cramps in teens such as:
- Inactivity is one of the major causes of muscle apt to cramp. Most of the teens used to sit for a longer period of time to play games on phone, reading books, resting, and more. Sitting for a longer period of time inhibits the blood flow to your feet and also can lead to nerve compression.
- Workout for a longer period of time with a tough position. Many teens love to build muscle very fast, and they join the gym. Doing exercise with a tough position and also with heavy equipment can cause foot cramps very easily.
- Wearing hard footwear can also cause foot cramps. Many people have reported that walking or standing for a long time on a concrete floor causes the foot cramps.
- Dehydration is one of the major causes of foot cramps. Research has shown that deficiency of minerals such as potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium causes the foot cramps. The deficiency of fluids in the body makes the muscles more vulnerable to spasms and cramps.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol also causes foot cramps. Alcohol increases the chances of cell damages alcoholic neuropathy. Alcohol has no vitamins and protein also and deficiency of protein and vitamins can increase the symptoms of foot cramps.
- Pregnancy is also a major cause of foot and leg cramps. Women with pregnancy are more susceptible. But researchers don’t know the exact reason behind the foot and leg cramps during pregnancy.
8 home remedies for foot cramps in teens
From the ancient age, people believe in home remedies to cure many health issues. There are various types of home remedies that are very beneficial for foot cramps. From the ancient time, people believe in home remedies to cure many health issues. So here are the important home methods that are very effective for foot cramps such as:
Warm compresses are very beneficial to relax the tense muscles in our bodies. You can add Epsom salt into your warm water to relieve your foot cramps.
Many people have expanded that absorbing the feet into the warm Epsom salt water helps to get rid of foot cramps. So you can do this method to relieve your foot cramps very fast.
20 to 30 minutes of warm compress helps to give a satisfying result to get rid of foot cramps. You can do this before going into your bed.
Massage with essential oil
Doing a foot massage with an essential will help you to reduce the pain in your feet. You can use lavender oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and other various types of essential oils.
Essential oils are very beneficial to ease the stress of muscles. Also, every massage parlor uses essential oils for body massage also. So you can also massage your feet for 20 minutes to reduce the cramps from the feet. Essential oils are known to get rid of headache and migraine, muscle aches, and also body pain due to injury.
Eat healthy diet plan
A healthy diet plan is very important for a healthy body. The deficiency of nutrition increases the chances of health diseases. So make sure that your diet plan is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. All these nutrients are very beneficial to soothe your tense muscle.
Research has shown that deficiency of calcium and potassium causes the foot cramps in teens. So you need to eat those foods that are rich in healthy minerals. You need to eat healthy grains, vegetables, fruits, animal protein, and nuts also to prevent various other muscle diseases also.
Heavy equipment in the gym and heavy gym workout causes foot cramps in teens, according to the research. Yoga has very soft and easy positions that help to ease the stress from muscles. So you can do yoga workout in the morning for 45 minutes to get rid of foot cramps very fast.
Yoga is generally originated from ancient India and today the entire world follows the yoga positions. Also, many doctors suggest patients doing yoga in the morning to avoid many muscle damages also.
Take a complete sleep
In modern times, people are so busy that they don’t even sleep for 8 hours a day. But according to the research, a night of healthy sleep for 8 hours is very essential to keep body muscles relax and tense free.
One recent American based study has shown that people with insomnia experience more diseases than normal with a healthy 8 hours of sleep. So make sure that you are having a healthy sleep to fight against many other health issues.
People with deep stress, depression experiences more health problems than a person with a relaxed mind. So make sure that you are relaxed from inside.
Drink more water
Dehydration is one of the major causes of foot cramps. Lack of water in your body helps to stop working the tissues and organs properly. So make sure that you drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration. Daily 8 glasses of water are very necessary for our body to avoid health issues. You can drink warm water to get a satisfying result very fast.
Turmeric is not only rich in antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, but also contains antioxidants. Antioxidant plays a major role to reduce cramps and other body pain. Also, research has shown that turmeric is rich in curcumin that is a very active compound and it helps to relieve pain.
Many people with foot apply raw turmeric paste into their feet to relieve the foot cramps very fast. So you can use this method to relieve your foot cramps very fast. Also, you can make a fresh juice of turmeric to relieve your foot cramps.
Drink a glass of milk
Milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D that are not only healthy for bones but also very healthy for muscles. Many teens have reported that drinking a glass of warm milk helps to get rid of every muscle pain. So you can drink a glass of warm milk to soothe your tense muscles very fast.
Foot cramps in teens are very common. Also, foot cramps not only occur in teens but also it is very common in ages people.
Foot cramps are very normal and have no side effects also. You can get rid of the problem by using these home remedies.