Many people ask “is hummus keto?” when they try to follow a keto diet plan to lose weight. It is usually made by blending chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor. Many people love to consume the hummus in their keto diet plan because it is rich in nutrition. Also, it is packed with many health and nutritional benefits.
People feel good about eating hummus, as it contains a wide range of helpful vitamins and minerals. Also, if you are from a vegan diet plan, then you can include the hummus that is a very protein-rich food.
Hummus nutrition facts (100 g)
|Vitamin||A, C, D|
Hummus is low in calories that are very helpful for your keto diet plan. 10grams of keto diet contains only 160 calories that are very low, according to the USDA report. You can consume 2-3 tablespoons of hummus regularly with a healthy diet plan. Hummus calories are very beneficial for a vegan diet plan also. 2 tablespoons of hummus contains only 75 calories that are very low.
Carbs in hummus
Hummus contains a decent amount of carbs that are very keto-friendly. Carbs in hummus are very low that a person with a keto diet plan should consume. 100 grams of hummus contains 14.6 grams of carbs and 2 tablespoons of hummus contain 4.5 grams of carbs.
Is hummus keto friendly
A decent amount of hummus is very keto-friendly. Hummus is rich in many micronutrients such as vitamins B6, vitamin C, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and thiamin. These nutrients are very helpful to boost your metabolism in your body.
But make sure your hummus does not contain vegetable oil that can be very unhealthy for your keto diet. Processed hummus contains vegetable oil that is not good for your health because it made by processing unstable polyunsaturated fats. Consuming these types of oil can increase many health problems such as raising high blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, inflammation in your heart. High LDL cholesterol can increase many heart diseases such as heart failure, heart attack, and also other chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer (colon cancer), brain clots, and more.
Hummus promotes optimal growth, recovery, and immune function. Hummus also packed with a decent amount of fiber, carbs, and protein that are very helpful to boost your immune level. A keto diet with hummus helps to get rid of extra fats in your body. Keto diets are very popular in people because of the many helpful health benefits.
But make sure you are not consuming hummus excessively because the chickpeas and tahini are very high in calories and carbs that can make you gain weight very fast. Also make sure that you are not eating the processed or packed hummus that contains artificial color, saturated fat, and more that can break down your keto diet plan. Many people scared to include the hummus into their keto diet due to the high calorie.
Is hummus good for you
Hummus is very rich in many helpful nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, protein, and carbs that a normal diet plan should contain. No doubt that hummus is very healthy for you, but make sure that you are not consuming it excessively. Eating hummus excessively can cause many health problems and also make you gain weight.
Also, many people with morbid obesity have shown that eating hummus excessively with excessive oil and nuts can cause many health problems. Hummus plays a vital role in benefits your health in a various way such as:
- Hummus helps to fight inflammation in your body.
- It is very high in fiber that can boost your digestive health and prevents many problems such as constipation, bowel blockage, nausea. Also, it helps to feed your good gut bacteria.
- Hummus is very low in the glycemic index that helps to keep blood sugar normal. Many people consume hummus as diabetes healthy food.
- Prevents the formation of excessive blood clots in your body. Formation of blood clots are normal but forming blood clots excessively in the brain can cause brain stroke. So you can consume hummus to prevent the brain clots.
Is hummus keto diet really lose weight?
Hummus is very high in carb and fats that are not ideal to lose weight. But you can not deny other nutrients also such as vitamins, minerals, and protein that are very necessary for your weight loss diet.
So make sure that you are not consuming the hummus in a very huge amount with a very unhealthy diet plan. People love to consume hummus because it is very delicious and rich in nutrients. The fats in hummus are not healthy for a keto diet because it is very high that may break your keto diet plan. But you can consume hummus with a high carbohydrate diet plan to boost your immune level.
I can not say that hummus is unhealthy to lose weight, but it is not ideal to eat regularly with a healthy keto diet. Make sure that you are doing the physical workout to burn those fats that you consume from the hummus. Maintaining a healthy diet plan is always a healthy habit plan. Eating hummus in a decent amount with a weight loss keto diet can help to lose weight.
What to eat with hummus?
It is very important to eat the hummus right way to lose weight very fast. You can consume your hummus in a various healthy way such as:
- Spread hummus in your whole wheat bread or in the homemade pancakes. You can add some nuts (pistachios, cashews pecans, almonds) also in your sandwich. Nuts are always keto-friendly and all these nuts are keto-friendly.
- Also, you can make a keto healthy salad by including some vegetables such as carrots, onion, baked potatoes, cottage cheese, tofu, and kale or spinach.
- You can also consume your hummus with muffins in the morning with a glass of orange juice to lose weight.
- You can add your hummus with healthy spaghetti.
- Also, you can cut some fruits to add enjoy your fruit salad with a spoon of hummus. Also, you can add apples, orange, cantaloupe, banana, and more that can lose weight very fast.
- Eating hummus with some boiled eggs to gain muscle is also a healthy way to consume the hummus.
Making hummus is extremely easy and also a very delicious addition to a healthy diet plan. But make sure if you are following a keto diet plan then try to consume hummus in a decent amount. Hummus is extremely nutritious and also a great source of healthy minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium, and potassium that makes the hummus a heart-healthy food.