Can you die suddenly from heart failure? No, it is not that easy to die suddenly due to heart failure. Many people with serious heart failure live with a long period of decline. It is very rare, about one in a million people, but it is completely possible to fall over dead when the heart stops responding properly.
When the heart can not enough oxygen and nutrition meet the body’s needs.
Heart failure symptoms
- Heart palpitation
- Irregular pulse rate
- Poor appetite
- Sudden weight gain
- Breathing difficulty
- Leg and ankle swelling
- Abdominal swelling
Causes of heart failure
According to the research, heart failure is related to various serious health illnesses. Coronary artery disease is the most common cause of heart failure. It is a disorder that causes narrowing of the arteries that supply blood and oxygen to the heart.
Also, there are many conditions that can cause heart failure such as:
- Heart attack
- Congenital heart defect
- Disease in the valve
- Chemotherapy treatment
- Drinking alcohol
- Irregular heart rhythms
- High blood pressure
- Lungs disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Overactive or underactive thyroid
Can you die suddenly from heart failure?
No, because people with heart failure live with a long period of decline. Well, heart failure is not an easy condition to survive easily. Research has shown that the number 1 cause of death is heart disease in the world.
Heart failure is a chronic disease that can also increase other health issues also such as kidney failure. Normally heart failure reduces the speed of blood flow to the kidney. Kidney failure also can be life-threatening for you.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of heart failure seriously seek medical treatment right away. Your heart failure can cause other health issues also. Your doctor will guide you best to get rid of all the symptoms of heart failure.
You can contact your cardiologist who will find out the condition of your heart.
Your doctor may ask some questions to find out the real cause of your heart disease. He/She may ask you about your smoking and alcohol habits and also about the past medical condition. Your medical history will your doctor diagnose your disease properly.
Also, your doctor may suggest you do an X-ray to see the condition of your heart.
Types of heart failure
Heart failure can occur in the heart of your left or on the right side. There are many types of heart failure. Also, heart failure can affect the only side of your heart or both sides.
Left-sided heart failure
Medical research has reported that left-side heart failure is the most common type of heart failure. It is located on the bottom left side of the heart. This part of your body helps to pump oxygen-rich blood to the rest of your body.
When the left ventricle doesn’t pump enough oxygen-rich blood the left-sided heart failure occurs. This time you may feel shortness of breath as the most common type of symptoms of left-sided heart failure.
Right-sided heart failure
The right side ventricle helps to pump blood to the lungs to store oxygen. This heart failure occurs when the right side of the heart can’t work properly to continue all jobs. It some times occurs due to other conditions such as diseases in your lungs and pulmonary hypertension.
Diastolic heart failure
When the heart muscle becomes stiffer than normal the diastolic heart failure occurs. This time the heart is not filled up with enough blood because it does not relax normally.
According to the research, women experience diastolic heart failure more than men.
Systolic heart failure
Systolic heart failure occurs when your heart muscle becomes very weak and loses its ability to contract.
A healthy lifestyle plays a major role to reduce many health diseases. Here are some steps that you can apply in your lifestyle to prevent further risk of heart failure such as:
- You can do 45 minutes of physical workout to burn extra fats from your body. Obesity plays a major role to increase many health risks such as cancer, kidney disease, and also heart diseases. You can do yoga and cardio to burn fats very fast. You can do cycling, biking, running, hiking, walking, weight lifting, swimming, and more that are very helpful workout to lose weight.
- Quit smoking. If you are addicted to smoking then this habit can worsen your heart condition. So you need to quit smoking to get rid of heart failure symptoms.
- Quit junk foods. Yes, junk or fast foods are rich in sodium, saturated fats, and sugar that can worsen your heart condition. You need to quit eating pizza, burger, and also pancakes that are rich in sugar, oil, sodium. Also, you need to quit eating high-calorie foods also that take time to digest.
- Quit drinking alcohol. Alcohol is a great source of sugar that increases blood pressure very fast. Also, research has shown that frequent consumption of alcohol causes weak muscles in the heart when your heart can’t pump blood as efficiently.
- Also, complete sleep is very necessary to prevent many heart diseases. A night of healthy sleep helps to soothe your body muscles that keep your heart healthy.
- You need to eat always the right food always to prevent many serious diseases. So make sure that your diet plan is rich in protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Nutrition deficiency can cause many health issues also. You can add enough amount of vegetables, fruits, animal protein, grains, and nuts (almonds, pistachios, pecans, cashews, walnuts) to boost your diet plan. Your diet plan should be rich in heart-healthy foods to keep the heart muscles healthy and strong.
Also, you need to check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels frequently. High blood pressure plays a major role to increase the chances of heart attack and heart failure.
These healthy habits can help to keep your heart healthy and disease-free. Heart failure affects millions of people in the U.S. Your doctor will surely help you to come out of the condition.
If you need any heart surgery then your doctor will recommend you that also. But you can live a great life if you have any heart disease. But you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.